Since 2018, Iran considers a solution that all tourists from 38 VWP countries can travel freely to Iran with no more concerns for going to the US.
Have you ever thought about entering the USA after traveling to Iran? Can it be possible? Is there any solution for solving this problem? If you don’t know, follow us to find a solution.
What is the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)?
It seems that the rigid rules of ESTA don’t allow the visitors to enter the USA after traveling to Iran, but it’s better to review the issue further.
In other words, the VWP permits 38 nationals to go to the United States up to 90 days stay without obtaining visas for business or tourism purposes. Citizens of nationals of the following countries are currently eligible to travel to the United States under the VWP:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and United Kingdom (US Department of Homeland Security).
Visa Waiver Program requirements
- The passport must have a machine-readable zone on the biographic page.
- The passport must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.
- Filling up the ESTA application
What is the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) application?
All VWP travelers must obtain an ESTA before travel to the United States without the visa. ESTA determines the eligibility of travelers to the United States under the VWP.
ESTA is an automated system that assists in determining eligibility to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and whether such travel poses any law enforcement or security risk. Upon completion of an ESTA application, a traveler is notified of his or her eligibility to travel to the United States under the VWP. Note that ESTA generally is valid up to 2 years, until your passport expires.
When does the ESTA lack credibility and you need a visa?
- You’re not a citizen from a country participating in the VWP program traveling to the U.S.
- You went to ban countries (Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen on or after March 1st, 2011),
- You are a dual national of any of the countries mentioned above,
- You’ve been denied an ESTA, visa or entry into the United States in the past,
- You overstayed on a previous Visa Waiver visit,
- If you might otherwise be incredible for a visa, you are not eligible to use the VWP.
Is it possible to visit the US through ESTA, after traveling to Iran?
No. If you would not receive an approved ESTA, you have to apply for the visa at the nearest US Embassy before travel to the United States. Please don’t worry about that. There is a solution to reduce the risk! Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has one solution. Since 2018, Iran considers a solution that all tourists from 38 VWP countries can travel freely to Iran with no more concerns for traveling to the US. Iran attracts all citizens under the Visa Waiver Program by stopping to stamp their passports. You can get your Iranian visa stamped on a separate piece of paper. So there is no physical evidence of your passport. This solution dramatically reduces the risk, and we wish you an excellent trip to Iran. So you can enter the USA after traveling to Iran.