According to the regulations of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the travel agencies and tour companies working in Iran access to the visa issuance section.
Things to know about Iran tourist visa
Residents of many countries need to get a visa when intending to visit Iran. All visa-related affairs need to apply under the supervision of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. According to the regulations of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the travel agencies and tour companies working in Iran access to the visa issuance section.
Regarding the political relations between the nations, issuing visas for the residents of some countries is not that much easy. In other words, some travelers need to follow their visa process by the assistance of the agencies and branches within Iran. Nevertheless, there are key points and rules regarding Iran visa that should be taken into consideration:
When applying to get a visa, applicants should pay attention to the validity of their passports. The passports need to be valid for more than six months. If passports do not have the required validity, the visa request won’t be processed.
- If the applicants do not travel to Iran during the time mentioned in their visa, the application will be canceled and they need to start the process from the beginning again. Iran visa on arrival is valid up to 30 days, and extendable.
- If the applicants do not apply for their visas after 30 days of getting visa code in one of the Iranian embassy or consulate in your home country, the application will be canceled and they need to start the process from the beginning.
- If the applicants do not apply for their visas after 90 days of getting the visa code at one of Iran’s authorized airports, the application will be canceled and they need to start the process from the beginning.
When intending to collect the visa at an Iranian consulate/embassy in the home country, applicants should have a visa authorization code in advance to write it down in the form they will receive at the embassy/consulate.
It is possible for the applicants to ask a third party to follow their visa process and receive the visa code. The best option is Iranian travel agencies and companies approved by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Finally, please keep in mind that applicants need to pay some fees to the agencies and the charges are different.
- Residents of Colombia, India, Iraq, Jordan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Somalia need to apply for the visa in advance. They can request a visa code through Iranian agencies.
- Residents of Afghanistan and Bangladesh need to apply for the visa in advance. They cannot follow the process of the visa code with the help of Iranian agencies. They need to get a visa through the embassy/consulate in their home country.
- Residents of Canada, England, and the United States of America cannot travel to Iran independently. They need to get a tourist visa and should be accompanied by an Iranian agency.
Iran is a land of wonders, and you will encounter lots of beautiful attractions during your stay. That is why you decide to extend your staying period to have time to enjoy all these marvels.
Because of the visa extension is a laborious and time-consuming process, we recommend applicants to mention a longer period in their application form. The validity of Iran visa on arrival is 30 days, but you can extend it up to 90 days.
Visitors of Israel
Those who have an Israeli visa in their passports are not permissible to enter Iran in a year.